This year's most viewed films
Actor and director Kenneth Branagh received the Stockholm Achivement Award this weekend in front of a packed Skandia theatre, and his acclaimed childhood portrayal "Belfast" was later voted by our visitors as the winner of this year's Audience award. »Belfast« was also the most watched film of the year in the theatres, closely followed by Jane Campion's neo-western »The Power of the Dog« and our opening film – »Parallel Mothers« by Pedro Almodóvar. The full list of this year's most viewed films at the Stockholm Film Festival can be found below.
The festival's 10 most viewed films in cinemas:
1. »Belfast« by Kenneth Branagh
2. »The Power of the Dog« by Jane Campion
3. »Parellel Mothers« by Pedro Almodóvar
4. »Spencer« by Pablo Larraín
5. »The Worst Person in the World« by Joachim Trier
6. »Annette« by Leos Carax
7. »The Hand of God« by Paolo Sorrentino
8. »I'm Your Man« by Maria Schrader
9. »C’mon C’mon« by Mike Mills
10. »Paris, 13th District« by Jacques Audiard
The festival's four most viewed films on Festival on Demand:
Next year's edition of Stockholm's International Film Festival takes place November 9-20, 2022.
Photo: »The Power of the Dog« by Jane Campion