»Belfast« is awarded the Audience Award 2021
Stockholm International Film Festival is pleased to announce that »Belfast« by Kenneth Branagh wins the prestigious Audience Award 2021. The film centers a young boy's childhood amid the tumult of Belfast in the late 60s and is Branagh’s most personal film to date.
Each year the Stockholm Film Festival lets the audience choose the winner of one of the most important prizes awarded during the festival – the Audience Award. Via a digital survey and in the theatres, festival visitors have been able to vote for their favorite film among the 100 films shown at this year's festival between 10-21 November 2021.
Here is the list of the ten most popular films at this year's festival, voted for by the festival visitors themselves:
1. »Belfast« by Kenneth Branagh
2. »The Worst Person in the World« by Joachim Trier
3. »C’mon C’mon« by Mike Mills
4. »Petite Maman« by Céline Sciamma
5. »I’m Your Man« by Maria Schrader
6. »Spencer« by Pablo Larraín
7. »Old Henry« by Potsy Ponciroli
8. »The Power of the Dog« by Jane Campion
9. »Hive« by Blerta Basholli
10. »Parallel Mothers« by Pedro Almodóvar
»Belfast« is distributed by United International Pictures (UIP) in Sweden.
Films with the most views on Festival on Demand:
1. »Flag day« by Sean Penn
2. »Zero fucks given« by Julie Lecoustre and Emmanuel Marre